Ten things that drew my interest on the internet this week…
2. This picture made me laugh (although the candle could have been photoshopped better, given that it’s alternately behind the plate and in front of Harry’s head).
4. Another thing from Challies that I loved reading this week was this selection of quotes about preaching by Samuel Chadwick. This is my own state of mind in its best moments.
5. My friend Dorothy posted this review of my book on her blog, which I really appreciated.
6. If I had an unlimited budget for stocking my own personal library, I would probably start with one of these lists. Alas…
7. What movie isn’t improved by the addition of Tom Selleck’s moustache?
8. For my fellow Portland Trail Blazers fans who are disappointed by the NBA lockout wiping out preseason games (for now, with regular season games almost certain to be lost too), here are five exciting highlights from Nicolas Batum’s play with team France this summer: One // Two // Three // Four // Five
9. I’m not a big fan of MMA or boxing as a matter of personal preference, but I also think it’s unwise for churches to promote these sports (which is another topic for another time). This is a tragic story of a church (or maybe a “church”?) whose involvement in the fight club culture went way too far. (HT: @Phil_Johnson_)
10. One of my Facebook friends pointed me toward this link. Fun idea I guess. Of course, if they go next time to the Redwood National Forest instead of Sequoia National Park, he won’t have to photoshop them–since everyone knows that’s where Ewoks really live.